Develop the library as a place for resources and services for the entire community in a friendly atmosphere.
- Work at maintaining a welcoming place for patrons and staff.
- Provide equal access to all who would want to use the building and its services.
- Focus on the needs and interests of the patrons and community.
- Maintain programs for outreach and enrichment.
- Update and upgrade equipment for historical and genealogical research.
- Offer space for study groups to include homework, tutoring, semester exam review.
- Promote spaces for quiet reading, for social interaction, for research, and for physical activities.
Continue to foster an ongoing partnership with the community that encourages mutual growth and encompasses civic, cultural, and educational interaction.
- Show that the library is an integral part of the community.
- Reach out to groups and organizations to promote the library’s mission.
- Encourage the growth of the Friends of the Library.
- Work with Green and Rock County leaders, Brodhead businesses and organizations.
- Offer intergenerational and age-grouped programming :toddlers and their parents, teen reading programs, as well as the traditional reading programs. .
- Use existing channels of communication for information to and from all parts of the community – computer monitors open to the public, public access channel, newspapers, library web site.
Work to build literacy – technological and traditional.
- Expand knowledge of technological literacy within the community.
- Promote programs that encourage pre-reading skills and reading at all levels.
- Encourage use of technology by patrons.
- Continue to support and expand library card registration.
- Offer computer classes for beginners, intermediate users and advanced users.
- Advance cooperative childhood literacy programs.
- Provide programs for information on early childhood literacy.
Work on a marketing/funding plan for the library and its programs.
- Ensure the growth and vitality of the library.
- Develop activities to increase library funding.
- Encourage grant writing.