The library will gratefully accept lightly used books in excellent condition. Selected items may be added to the library's collection.
Welcome Materials Donations
Materials that are most welcome include:
- Recent fiction/nonfiction books in excellent condition, that have been published in that last 10 years
- Children's books in excellent condition, that have been published in the last 10 years
- Books on CD, as well as DVDs and BluRay Movie Discs in excellent condition
- Puzzles in excellent condition
Due to space and storage limitations, the library cannot accept the following types of materials:
- Old encyclopedia sets
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Books that are more than ten years old (except local history)
- Books previously discarded from libraries
- Items that are tattered, yellowed, musty, and/or stained
- Items that are highlighted, written in, or that have loose pages
- Paperbacks that are obviously worn
- Computer software and computer manuals
- DVDs that have been viewed more than a few times
- VHS Movies, cassette tapes, 8-tracks, or vinyl
Your items will be accepted at the Checkout Desk. Receipts are available for donated items, though staff cannot place a monetary value on them.
Making a monetary donation to the library is also an excellent means of honoring or remembering a loved one. Monetary gifts to the library can serve as unique gift or a long-lasting memorial. You may designate the person to be honored or the family member to be notified, if the gift is a memorial. Brodhead Memorial Public Library can also be included in planned giving through bequests and legacies.
If you have questions regarding donating items or funds, please contact the Library Director at (608) 897-4070.