Beginning the week of April 27, Brodhead Memorial Public Library staff will offer curbside pickup of materials to patrons. Curbside pickup will be available on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Patrons will be contacted to schedule pickup so that social distancing is respected. During the week of April 27, patrons with items currently waiting on our holds shelf will be contacted. Starting the week of May 4, library staff will fill as many new holds requests as scheduling allows.
Patrons are limited to 5 items per person, up to 20 items for households with hold pick-up authorizations.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Those wishing to participate in curbside pickup of should place reserves on Brodhead materials in the online catalog (www.linkcat.info) or call the library during staffed hours. Staff will be available for taking requests over the phone on Mondays and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. (starting Monday, May 4), Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m., and Fridays from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
2. Pickups will be scheduled in 10-minute increments and must be scheduled in advance. Staff will call patrons to schedule.
3. Upon arrival at the library, patrons should call staff at (608) 897-4070. If a patron does not have a cell phone, they should call before leaving home and come directly to the library. Patrons will be asked to confirm their identity by providing their library card number prior to materials being placed outside.
4. Staff will bring materials outside. During good weather, a table will be set up just past the outdoor book drop. Please pull up to the table but remain in the book drop lane and in your vehicle until staff return to the building. In inclement weather, patrons will need to pop their trunks or unlock doors to rear/passenger seats. Staff will place items in your vehicle and head directly back to the building. During severe weather, curbside services will be canceled.
5. Returns must be placed in the outdoor book drop. The drop will be open during curbside hours (9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays). Patrons do not need to schedule an appointment for returning materials. The drop will be locked at all other times. All returned materials will be quarantined for 3 days before being checked in and recirculated.
6. We ask that households limit their pickups to once per week so that services are not overwhelmed. Depending on demand, weekly pickups may not be available.
7. Only materials currently at the library will be available; interlibrary loan and system delivery have been shut down until further notice.
8. Although staff use gloves and masks in the building, there is still a risk in borrowing materials. Patrons should consider letting their materials quarantine in a safe location for at least 72 hours after pickup before using them in their homes.
9. No patrons will be allowed to enter the library building. Staff are also unable to offer print services or loans of equipment, toys, or kits at this time.
10. Free Wi-Fi is available 24/7 from the library parking lot. Access to electronic materials is also available with your library card through the Libby app or by visiting www.wplc.overdrive.com.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as our services change. We are committed to providing materials to our community in a safe and responsible way, and precautions for the safety of our staff and our patrons will be taken.