Beginning July 1, 2020, patrons may enter Brodhead Memorial Public Library to pick up holds or apply for a library card. Masks are strongly suggested. The library will also continue to offer Curbside Pickup for those who do not wish to enter the building. Access to computers, meeting rooms, browsing the collectoin, and bathrooms is not available at this time.
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Curbside Pickup only)
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Patrons wishing to borrow items from the library can place holds by logging into their accounts at www.linkcat.info or by calling the library during open hours. Items available at Brodhead Memorial Public Library will be pulled by staff, usually within a few hours, and made available for pick up.
2. A small browsing collection is available when you enter the building. Patrons are welcome to borrow any item they see.
3. Those wishing to participate in Curbside Pickup should call the library to schedule an appointment.
4. Items should be returned to the drive-up book drop during open hours. We lock our book drop at closing to ensure that items are properly quarantined.
5. Although staff take precautions when handling your items, there is still a risk in borrowing materials. Patrons should consider letting their materials quarantine in a safe location for at least 72 hours after pickup before using them in their homes.
6. Access to computers, meeting rooms, collection browsing, and bathrooms is not available at this time.
7. Free Wi-Fi is available 24/7 from the library parking lot and 5th Avenue.
8. Access to electronic materials is also available with your library card through the Libby app or by visiting www.wplc.overdrive.com.
Phased Reopening Plan
On June 11, 2020, the Brodhead Memorial Public Library Board of Trustees approved a Phased Reopening Plan to help staff and patrons better nagivate services as we move through the COVID-19 pandemic. This plan allows the library to more easily increase or decrease services based on current public health recommendations.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as our services change. We are committed to providing materials to our community in a safe and responsible way, and precautions for the safety of our staff and our patrons will be taken.